Thursday, May 25, 2006

What in god's name is a blog???

I wrote this post originally on Nov 9, 2006.

I'm not an expert on blogging but one thing bloggers must not forget is the fact that there are alot of people out there who don't know what a blog is all about. Especially those who don't go onto the Internet often. And even if they do, do so for specific reasons. I still get people asking me "What's a blog???" or "What's it all about???", etc, etc.

It doesn't surprise me though that people ask me these questions 'cos in many countries the mainstream media, or MSM, remains their main source of news & information. But blogs play an important role in countries such as Singapore where the local media is heavily controlled & influenced by the ruling party. So I thought it'll be good for those readers who visit a blog for the first time to at least have some basic knowledge about blogs.

Blogs mean different things to different people. I was looking for a kind of springboard to a better understanding of blogs. Here's Blogging Basics from Technorati. ;-)

No comments: