Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Face of Government Repression

For those readers who are not familiar with what's happening, do first read my July 3 post A brainwashed civil servant .

Today morning came the news from mrbrown himself that his column in TODAY has been suspended:

Regarding TODAY

Some of you have been asking, so here goes.

I have been informed that TODAY has suspended my column.

It has been a trying few days for me, my family, my mum and my friends. Thank you all for your emails, letters, calls, SMSes, blogs and comments, I don't know what to say.

Thanks.
An AFP report later in the evening said "The editors of Today have suspended the Mr Brown column with effect from Friday, 7th July, 2006," said a statement from MediaCorp, the newspaper's publisher on Thursday. No reason was given."

I have things to say but that's for later. For now, here's the face of government repression, Ms K Bhavani, Press Secretary to the Minister for Information, Communications and The Arts.:

No comments: